These are a few pictures of me.
I prefer to work behind the scenes. Being lost in my own zone of intense thinking, writing away, observing life, asking people questions and listening intently or just happy creating – those are my happy places.
I prefer to let my work do the talking. Whether it is sharing a gift, a skill or a piece of knowledge, I am most at ease in letting them speak for me.
But like most people, I am often curious about who the person is behind the stuff.
Here are 8 casual or just funny things about me.
- I’m willing to give things a try even if I’m not sure if I would be good at it.
- I knew two languages before I turned 5 (which I no longer speak: Cantonese and Bahasa Sunda).
- I failed my driving test 3 times on two continents and still prefer riding the subway and the public bus than driving a car or taking a cab.
- I love all kinds of noodles and pasta but when it comes down to it, I still count Char Kuay Teow, a type of stir-fried noodle, my top favorite.
- I have lived in 5 different countries and they have all influenced my designs.
- My favorite national park is Grand Teton and one of my fondest memories is hiking a trail there with my family before 7 am.
- I only heard about Kanye in 2019 and only found out what Selena Gomez looks like in 2021. She has such a sweet spirit!
- My husband volunteered me when a seminar leader once asked if anyone had trouble catching a ball. I have since learned the trick to do so but please don’t ask me to catch one. Once is enough.
Joy can be simple, no matter what, on a daily basis.
Go ahead, tend to something lovely. Create beautiful things. Share that joy of yours.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little about me, the person behind this online shop.
Find Simple Daily Joy products at my online shops:
I hope you find something you like there!
Since you’ve read this far, why not go ahead and subscribe for new blog updates as I post them? No obligation to read them, just keep in touch!